Iím quickly figuring out that as my kids get older, the more expensive they get! And the expenses donít take a summer vacation. Cub Scout camp, swim lessons, weekend trips to the lake, flag football registration and back to school clothes and supplies can really add up. So I came up with a list of things that are free (or almost free) to do with the kiddos this summer. I hope I get the chance to try all of them and more!
- Hit up all the splash pads at the local parks. They are free and the kids love them on a hot day!† Pack a picnic lunch and make a whole afternoon of it.
- Regal Summer Movie Express†offers $1.00 admission to certain kid friendly films Tuesdays and Wednesdays during the summer.
- Water balloons - my kids love these and they are super cheap entertainment.
- Hit up the local library. Itís nice and air conditioned and my kids love to pick out a few books or movies to bring home. Most libraries have a schedule of free story times and activities as well.
- Kids Bowl Free†- I havenít tried this one yet but my boys love to bowl! Sounds like you just sign up and every week this site sends you free bowling passes for your kiddos.
- Plant a garden together. Okay, this isnít free, but it is something you can do as a family and my kids love to pick the fruit and vegetables we grow in our backyard. (Bonus: they might actually eat something healthy!)
Does your family enjoy other cheap summer fun activities? If so, email me at†firstname.lastname@example.org†and put "Momcents" in the subject line. I'd love to hear your ideas.