So here’s my little secret… I try to eat pretty healthy during the week so that I can indulge a bit on the weekends spent at the lake, pool, picnics or BBQs. A few of my favorites are on this weekend’s menu and I wanted to share the recipes with you. Enjoy!
Krista’s Famous 7 Layer Dip
1 can low fat refried beans
1 cup guacamole (optional, this makes is 8 layer dip! J)
1 cup sour cream
1 packet taco seasoning
1 cup salsa
Shredded cheddar cheese
3 green onions
1 small can sliced black olives
Bag of your favorite tortilla chips
Take refried beans and stir in half of the taco seasoning mix. Spread onto the bottom of a 9x9 glass dish. Take the last of the taco seasoning and stir in with sour cream, then add that mixture on top of the beans. Next spread the guacamole, if desired. Salsa gets spread on top of sour cream or guacamole. Cheese comes next and then sprinkle on tomatoes, green onions and black olives. Serve with tortilla chips.
1 package Oreos (36 cookies)
6 Tablespoons melted butter
8 ounces softened cream cheese
¼ cup sugar
2 Tablespoons milk
12 ounces Cool Whip, divided
2 – 3.9 ounce packages Chocolate Instant Pudding
3¼ cups cold milk
1 and ½ cups mini chocolate chips
- Pulse oreos in the food processor until crumbs.
- Stir with the butter and press into a 9 x 13 inch pyrex or baking dish.
- Chill a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a mixer, beat cream cheese fluffy.
- Add the 2 T. milk & sugar.
- Add 1 and ¼ cups Cool Whip.
- Spread this mixture over the chilled crust.
- In another bowl, whisk chocolate puddings with the 3 and ¼ cups milk until it thickens.
- Spread this over the cream cheese layer.
- Chill 5 mins.
- Spread the rest of the Cool Whip on the top and sprinkle with the mini chocolate chips. (I save a few crushed Oreos and use them on top instead)
- Chill several hours or overnight before cutting!
1 red bell pepper – chopped into medium sized pieces
1 yellow bell pepper- chopped into medium sized pieces
1 orange bell pepper- chopped into medium sized pieces
1 english cucumber chopped into medium sized pieces
¼ red onion, chopped into small pieces
1 container grape tomatoes, washed
1 can medium or small black olives
1 small container feta cheese
1 bottle Brianna’s Home Style Real French Vinaigrette (Or make/use your favorite Greek dressing)
Put all of the peppers, cucumber, onion, tomatoes and olives into a bowl. Pour dressing to taste over veggies. Keep in refrigerator for several hours or overnight to get the veggies well marinated. Top with feta cheese and serve. You could also add chicken and make it into a meal.