By Alina Murcar, Marketing Intern and Making Cents of College Blogger
At this point, I think it's safe to say that us college folk are all wondering how we are going to afford holiday presents with our bank accounts looking somewhat like the stores are after Black Friday...empty. So here are a few things to consider before the great holiday binge comes!
- Make a list of all the people you'd like to spread some joy to and brainstorm a few gift ideas for them.
- Plan the damage! If you set a budget, you'll most likely stick to it...or around it at least
- Write down what stores you're going to and what you're going to get from those stores. It helps so you don't get overwhelmed by all of the Black Friday deals!
- Research the best deals so you can get the most bang for your buck. Certain stores will match competitor prices in addition to allowing you to use store coupons.
- Check store websites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.) to see if they have any online specials.
- Get ready for the Black Friday hype. You will see things you want but didn't plan! It's okay to splurge a little sometimes... :)
I hope everyone has a safe and happy holidays. In whatever way you celebrate, may you find love, laughter and comfort.
If you're interested in having a little extra money pop into your account over the holidays, sign up for one of our†Holiday Club Accounts. They rock! I just opened one up today. :)
† † ††