Ensuring your security is our top priority, which is why we took precautions and mailed letters to members whose Debit or Credit Card were at risk of being compromised. If you did not receive a letter then you don’t need to do anything. Those members who did receive a letter have several options, as outlined in the correspondence. In an effort to ensure exceptional service, we are opening at 8:00 a.m. and staying open until 6:00 p.m. through Wednesday. This will help us be able to accommodate the need to reissue our debit and credit cards. As always, please monitor your account closely and contact us immediately if you see any suspicious transactions. We apologize for any inconvenience this situation may cause and we’re here for you if you have any questions or concerns.
If you did not receive the following letter, then your card has not been compromised:
To our members,
It has come to our attention that certain card account information may have been compromised at a third party location. This may have included your Spokane Federal Credit Union Visa debit or credit card(s). Because ensuring your security is top priority for us, we are taking appropriate precautions.
Your Visa Credit and/or Debit card (referenced above) was among those reported as compromised.
- This breach of security did not involve SFCU's internal systems
- No personal addresses or Social Security numbers were involved.
- In this situation, you will not be liable for fraudulent transactions on your account should they occur as a result of this compromise.
Although we have not detected any fraud activity on your account, we do view this situation as a potential risk to your Visa account information and SFCU. Therefore, we will need to issue you a new Visa debit/credit card.
Below are the options available for receiving your new card:
- You can come to SFCU's main office at 601 W. Mallon and we will give you a new card that will be active in 1 to 2 business days;
- You can call us and we will cancel your card and order you a new card and PIN to be mailed to you; *
- If we do not hear from you by January 7, 2014 we will cancel your card and issue a new card and PIN to be mailed to you.*
*Cards ordered via mail will take 10 business days to arrive. During this time you will not have use of your Visa debit/credit card.
Due to the credit union being closed for the Thanksgiving Holiday on November 28th and 29th we will have extended lobby hours Monday, November 25th thru Wednesday, November 27th from 8 AM - 6 PM.
You will need to inform any vendors that bill the above referenced debit/credit card about the change to your account number.
SFCU is at risk of absorbing any losses that may occur due to this security breach. Please help us by monitoring your account closely and contact us immediately if any suspicious transactions occur on the Visa card referenced above. We apologize for any inconvenience this situation may cause.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at (509) 328-2900.