It's getting close! Soon I'll be packing lunches and checking homework but before the chaos begins, here's a quick list of practical tips and items you can pick up now so that you're prepared when school comes around for real.
- 10 glue sticks, a ruler, crayons, markers, pencils and the list goes on! Start early–pick up school supplies slowly over the summer or when the back-to-school sales start mid-summer. Don't save this for the day before school. Supplies will be low and stress will be high.
- During the summer it stays lighter longer and we tend to slip into a later bed-time routine. Start "practicing" going to bed at a reasonable time and waking up early a few weeks before school starts so it's not such a shock to the system.
- Stock up on lunch supplies and healthy snacks to send with the kiddos to school. Proper nutrition is vital to a successful school day.
- Read books about the first day of school to younger kids to get them excited!
- Talk it up–see how your kiddos are feeling about starting school so you can address concerns if they have any.
- Get the camera ready to take those adorable first day of school pictures that you'll treasure forever.
I hope these tips help give you a little inspiration and get you excited for the school season!