Mother’s Day is around the corner and it has me reflecting on my motherhood journey thus far. I am thankful for so many things and people, I thought it would be nice to give them a little shout-out.
Things I am thankful for this Mother’s Day:
• My husband. My teammate in parenting. He is the best daddy and supports me 100% as a mother.
• Our family and friends that help us every step of this parenting journey. No matter if they are near or far, their love for us and our kids means the world. The saying “it takes a village to raise a child” is no joke and our village is the best!
• My “mom” friends who are there to chat, provide support or encouragement along the way. Whether it’s talking about the ups and downs of being a parent or just having an adult conversation when your whole day is filled with talking to a 3 year old, friends are necessary and truly priceless.
• My kids’ teachers and school staff. I know without a doubt my kids are loved and cared for when they are away from me. These people are meant to work with kids because they have the biggest hearts. Last week, little Ella had a potty accident at preschool. She was just devastated and sure her teacher was mad at her. This morning was her first day back since the incident and Miss Alicia made the extra effort to run up to Ella to give her the biggest hug, making her feel loved. This mama had tears in her eyes knowing her little girl is in the best hands.
• Above all, I am forever thankful I am a mom. It’s the best thing that’s ever happened to me. My heart is so very full.
Happy Mother's Day!